The Role of the Private Sector in Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals
As an essential driver of economic growth and job creation, the Private Sector has become an indispensable partner in development. This Conference aims to highlight new paths for local and regional partnerships between the Private Sector, Governments, and International Organizations, and identify business opportunities in support of the SDGs in the Region.
Sessions will Feature:
I. "The Launch of the "Better Business, Better World: MENA" Report"
Published by the BSDC, the Report is the first of its kind covering the Region
II. Market Opportunities Related to Delivering the Global Goals
Focusing on: Water; Cities; Energy; and Food and Agriculture.
III. Sustainable Development Strategy: Egypt Vision 2030
Regional Case Studies will Include:
- Water Management Initiative (Jordan)
- Zain Group Sustainable Development Campaign (MENA)
- Careem (MENA)
- Noor-Ouarzazate Concentrated Solar Power Project (Morocco)
- Orascom Global Green Towns (Egypt)
- E24 Solutions (Lebanon)
- Tafilah Wind Farm (Jordan)
- Benban Solar Park (Egypt)
- Cargill Fortified Oil Project (MENA)
- Olam - SVI Dehydrated Onions Initiative (Egypt)
- Cairo Poultry Group - Koki (Egypt)
To achieve inclusive business growth and scale, companies not only need to have the right products, services and business model, but also the appropriate management practices. Base of the pyramid (...